Labour Market Information
Labour Market Information focuses on giving you information about the local area you live in
- Wage rates
- Job availability
- Skills gaps
- Unemployment rates
- Reports from professional bodies
- Economic summaries from the local area
Labour Market Information ensures that young people are equipped with the information needed to make well informed realistic decisions.
Labour Market Information for the local area
- Liverpool-Growth-Sectors-summary.pdf LMI-Summary-Liverpool-City-Region-Final-.pdf
- Labour market summary report from the Liverpool LEP
–Labour Market Information– Jobs for Tomorrow
Greater Merseyside has identified labour market growth sectors that it is thought can provide increasing economic growth and jobs in the next 20 years:
- The Visitor Economy- worth £4.9bn and supporting over 57,000 jobs, continues to develop as a major growth sector.
- The Digital and Creative Economy- 4425 business’s and 22,000 people employed.
- The Low Carbon Economy - The Low Carbon sector contributes over £2bn to the City Region’s economy employing over 22,000 people in 1,400 companies.
- Advanced Manufacturing - Manufacturing is a vital asset to the Liverpool City Region economy, supporting nearly 50,000 staff in 3,000 companies and directly contributing £3.2bn to the overall economy.
- Super Port - an integrated cluster of logistics assets and expertise that will deliver faster, greener global market access for business to and from the northern UK and Ireland via an enlarged post-Panamax container port.
Other resources offering Labour Market Information are:
- National Careers Service site- This website offers advice and guidance to young people. Young people and their parents/ carers can chat online to an adviser and /or find out about 800 job profiles.
- Labour market summary report from the Liverpool LEP This report will provide useful information on major employers and sectors and developing trends.
- I Could provides 1,000 different video clips of LMI and personal career stories to help students explore different career routes and pathways.