Our School Vision
To promote, model in all that we do and support the development of
Inclusive Excellence for ALL
- We have no admission criteria that prevents any students of certain prior attainment, gender or faith joining our school. We are a totally inclusive, non-selective comprehensive school.
- We offer Quality First Teaching to ALL students in every class and every year group so that inclusive excellence for all can be achieved both academically and socially.
- For those students who need additional learning support, we will provide both internal and external expertise in agreement with parents to achieve our vision.
- Students who join our school will be expected to have the highest expectations of their own learning and behavioural mind-set so that themselves and others can benefit from a supportive and academically challenging environment.
- The wellbeing and health of all students is paramount and internal and external support will be provided to ensure that students are ready to learn and make valued contributions to our community
- All staff including teachers and support staff will be provided with individualised appraisal and professional development of their choice so that they continue to provide the very best learning, teaching and pastoral support to our students and develop their own professional excellence and mastery of their role. Opportunities to collaborate and share internally and externally will be provided and encouraged so that excellence can be observed and cascaded to impact on as many areas as possible. There should be no pockets of excellence.
- The workload and wellbeing of all staff must be considered by all leaders in the school as a crucial aspect of developing a happy, effective and committed workforce, which in turn will provide exceptional academic and social excellence and progress for MCHS students.
- By prioritising the professional development and care for our staff, we will support the retention, potential and capacity of our own colleagues to make Meols Cop into the best school it can be and additionally support other establishments who benefit from our staff when they are promoted.
- We want to continue to develop into a research informed school that involves ALL staff in researching and adapting the best nationally and internationally recognised excellent practice so that ALL in our community benefit from the impact.
- We will support the school-school-support system as a Teaching School and National Support School and welcome ALL schools to work with us in providing inclusive excellence for all children at the schools who we support. We hope that others will see and appreciate our vision in practical action.
- All parents, carers and governors will be welcomed to engage fully with staff and their views and scrutiny sought so that the whole community contributes inclusively to the future excellence and success of its school.